Soochow University provides the following pay and benefits for excellent scholars who are selected for “Four Youth Talent Plans” or of similar levels of recognition:
A. Title and Pay
1. Title: Distinguished Professor and doctoral supervisor;
2. Pay: RMB 350,000-600,000 annually, plus cash reward for papers and projects without cap;
3. Relocation: RMB 2,000,000-4,750,000 (this includes subsidiaries provided by the local government); fully decorated short-term accommodation.
4. Research Support Funding: RMB 500,000 for scholars in the Humanities and Social Sciences, RMB 600,000-800,000 for scholars in Non-experimental Sciences, RMB 800,000-2,000,000 for those in Experimental Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. Large-scale equipment and apparatus may be provided as needed;
1. Priority recommendations for applying “Innovation and Entrepreneurship program”. Successful individual applicants will be funded with RMB 3,000,000, 1,000,000 or 500,000 within 3 years. Successful group applicants will be funded with RMB 3,000,000-8,000,000.
2. Priority recommendations for applying “Distinguished Professor of Jiangsu Province”. Successful candidates will be awarded RMB 120,000 / year for three years in the employment term, and a research fund of RMB 1,000,000 (RMB 2,000,000 for excellent ones) and 500,000 for natural sciences and liberal arts respectively.
3. Priority recommendations for applying various talent programs in Suzhou, e.g. “Leading Talents of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Gusu District”, “Talent Subsidy”, “Easier Settling Project”, “Reward for Contribution of Outstanding Talents” and SIP’s “Jinji Lake Talent Plan”.
4. Other benefits include: spatial offices and labs, support for establishing research groups, priority for recruiting students, job and school recommendations for spouse and offspring and convenient medical care.